"Celebrating Pride in small-town Canada"
“An intimate look at the joys and challenges of being queer outside of Canada's big cities.”
"The film harkens back to the early days of the Pride movement when it wasn't a celebration, but a political fight for human rights."
"Shines a light on everyone ... It’s a documentary that will melt even the most cynical of coal hearts."
"The documentary is careful not to villainize nor stereotype small towns … its origins are rooted in the power of change.”
"An acclaimed documentary film ... Pride celebrations and the power of queer youth aren't limited to massive cities."
Check out the links below to read some of the press coverage that Small Town Pride has received:
- What does Pride look like in small-town Canada?
The Big Story [podcast] – Jordan Heath-Rawlings
- New Canadian documentary profiles Pride celebrations in small towns
The Pigeon – Jordan Pike
- Small Town, Big Pride
IN Magazine – Jaime Woo
- What Happens When Folks in Small Towns Show a Little Pride?
The Tyee – andrea bennett
- Small-town Pride events celebrate community in new documentary
CBC / Day 6
- The New Doc—Streaming For Free—About Being LGBTQ2S+ In Small Town Canada
- Celebrating Pride in small-town Canada
Globe and Mail: The Decibel [podcast]
- Small Town Pride: An Intimate Documentary About the Joys and Challenges of Being Queer in Canadian Small Towns
Think Queerly [podcast]
- Small Town Pride: Pride Screening Toronto
- Small Town Pride and Filipinos in Small Towns with ChelleSmall Town Pride: Pride Screening Toronto
The Halo Halo Podcast