“An intimate look at the joys and challenges of being queer outside of Canada's big cities.”
"The film harkens back to the early days of the Pride movement when it wasn't a celebration, but a political fight for human rights."
"Shines a light on everyone ... It’s a documentary that will melt even the most cynical of coal hearts."
"The documentary is careful not to villainize nor stereotype small towns … its origins are rooted in the power of change.”
"An acclaimed documentary film ... Pride celebrations and the power of queer youth aren't limited to massive cities."
“Fascinating … everybody should get a look at this film.”
Check out the links below to read some of the press coverage that Small Town Pride has received:
- What does Pride look like in small-town Canada?
The Big Story [podcast] – Jordan Heath-Rawlings
- New Canadian documentary profiles Pride celebrations in small towns
The Pigeon – Jordan Pike
- Small Town, Big Pride
IN Magazine – Jaime Woo
- What Happens When Folks in Small Towns Show a Little Pride?
The Tyee – andrea bennett
- Small-town Pride events celebrate community in new documentary
CBC / Day 6
- The New Doc—Streaming For Free—About Being LGBTQ2S+ In Small Town Canada